The focus of CeMBioS research group is to study the cellular, molecular, and genomic mechanisms which occur in the cells as an individual, as well as the building block of an organism including to the structure and function of the process underlying a biological system.
Point of Interest
2. Understanding major biological processes at the cellular and molecular level, through the application of methods drawn from structure, function, and genetics.
3. Supporting advanced research within the cellular, molecular, and genomic area in the field of biodiversity conservation and prospection.
Our goals are to develop high-quality research, to train graduate students in cellular and molecular research, and to strengthen undergraduate education in the area of cellular, molecular and genomic mechanism.
- To train graduate students and to strengthen undergraduate education in the area of cellular, molecular, and genomic mechanism
- To answer cellular and molecular phenomenon that occurs in nature primarily which is related to Indonesian biodiversity
- To explore the opportunities to connect to a global research atmosphere to accelerate research and preparing Indonesian global research leader in the future.
Field of Study
- The basic cellular and molecular mechanisms
- The complexity of cellular life using experimental methods that span the genome to the phenotype
- Immunology, apoptosis, autophagy mechanism and pathway
- Structure and dynamics of biological macromolecules i.e. chromosome biology
- Genetic engineering
- Cell banking
- Cell and ultrastructure imaging
Head of Research Group:
Dr. Andi Salamah (Associate Professor)/ Expertise: Plant Development and Molecular Biology
- Prof. Dr. Abinawanto, M.S. (Professor)/ Expertise: Animal Reproductive Biotechnology
- Anom Bowolaksono, Ph.D. (Associate Professor)/ Expertise: Animal and Human Molecular Biology
- Dr. Retno Lestari M.Si. (Assistant Professor)/ Expertise: Applied Biotechnology
- Dr. Astari Dwiranti M.Eng. (Assistant Professor)/ Expertise: Cytogenetics and Cell Biology
- Nova Anita, M.Biomed. (Assistant Professor)/Expertise: Animal Histology and Physiology
- Fadhillah, Ph.D. (Lecturer)/ Expertise: Animal and Human Molecular Biology
- Saifudin, M.Si. (Lecturer)/ Expertise: Plant Development and Molecular Biology